RSS

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Canton-i at Centerpoint, Bandar Utama

I believe that this outlet is one of the better tasting branches of the Canton-i & Dragon-i empire in Malaysia.


We had an appetizer of Pork Shank with jellyfish and this is a cold dish. The pork shank was only so-so but the cold crunchy refreshing jellyfish strands made up for it.



Next, we had a hot appetizer...Beijing Dumplings...they were just served in a plain white bowl and Hunny and I thought they were just plain meat dumplings until we bit into it and were rewarded with a mouthful of superior broth! The skin of these dumplings are thicker than the normal xiao loong baos but I prefer these dumplings to the latter.
They also taste good with black vinegar and ginger strips...





Have you tasted duck that taste like bacon?? I haven't until I ate Smoked Duck Breast Meat Slices in Canton-i. They tasted superbly divine! I was expecting the usual gamey n slightly tough duck taste and meat but to my absolute surprise...it was tender and had a nice bacon-ny taste! The la-mian (hand pulled noodles) was also yummy...I thought it was probably gone through a noodle machine as athe strands were really standard in length and size but a closer look revealed that it was professionally hand pulled as there were a little unevenness of size. The noodles were well cooked al-dente. I really enjoyed this dish..




Truly a satisfying meal at Canton-i at Centrepoint Bandar Utama.

1 comment:

dw said...

wahlau eh ... it's always food for you bunny :D you're living the life to the max man!!!! hehehe

Post a Comment