RSS

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ipoh Food....So So Yummy!!!!

I have held back blogging on this as I feel so hungry each time I look at these photos again...Now that I am full after lunch, this is the best time to tell u all about what I ate in Ipoh.

Breakfast Day 1

1. Green Juice - Pegaga Juice or Pang Tai Woon




2. Pork Tummy White Pepper Soup with Kway Teow Noodles



3. Sinfully Delicious....tender and chewy....




Breakfast cost us RM8.50 for 2 glasses of pegaga, 1 bowl of pork tummy kway teow and 1 bowl of spare ribs double noodles.


Lunch Day 1

4. We ate Roast Meats here...




5. Roast Duck, Roast Pork and Vegetable Stew...



6. A closer look at this crispy skin lean duck...



I think this meal was below RM50....not too sure...but not exceeding RM50 for sure...


Breakfast Day 2

7. Foh San DimSum...reached here at 7am plus plus...the place was packed!!!



8. We ate quite little as my tummy wasn't awake yet...we only had loh mai kai (glutinous rice chicken), egg tarts, char siu bao, siu mai and har gao....



9. Char Siu Bao (BBQ Pork). The filling was yummy...not too sweet and there was a mixture of lean meat and fats (more lean than fats) and some onions in char siu sauce. Really yummy...




10. Egg Tarts - Warm custard...yummy but I much prefer Tong Kee's flaky pastry...



11. The Art of Releasing the Loh Mai Kai from its bowl...

a.) Tip the bowl over and use the chopsticks to help ease the rice out...becareful..it's hot!!!



b.) After it loosens, this is how it looks like sliding out of the bowl...use your chopsticks to push out any that might still be in the bowl....




c.) Voila...all out and ready to be eaten.



This was the best loh mai kai the both of us had in ages. The rice was not too oily or mushy. The chicken and the marinates tasted just right and was fragrant from a touch of chinese rice wine...


12. Siu Mai - The pork filling was very fresh and there was no gamey porky taste. It wasn't too oily too...




13. Har Gao (Prawn Dumpling). 1st time I eat such fresh prawns in har gao...best thing...it was pure prawns inside the skin...no pork meat fillers like the ones I get in KL...



14. A whole dumpling...



15. One Bite reveals....Prawns!!!



16. There were an average of 3 to 4 medium sized prawns in each dumpling!!!



The DimSum meal for 2 of us plus Chinese Tea cost RM29.00


Lunch - Day 2

17. Before we left Ipoh, we had pork satay...first time I ate pork satay....I enjoy the satay pork blood the most....the intestines were interesting and the pork was only so-so....



This Lunch cost us around RM25.00 as I had takeaway too....

I am very eager for the next makan trip to Ipoh. I hope it'll be very soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eat so much pork no wonder look like porky

Post a Comment