RSS

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bunny Eats Dim Sum in Sg. Buloh

Hunny and I went to Sg Buloh for Dinner Tonight. We decided to have dimsum as we were too lazy to drive out to Nambawan for dinner.

1. This is the shop front of the Dim Sum Restaurant and it's well known for serving dimsum at nights.


2. The lady boss recommended us to try the Thai Style Deep Fried Tofu Salad. It was nice and refreshing however at RM5.xx, it's a bit too pricy.

3. The Kau Choy Gao or the Chinese Chives Steamed Dumplings at RM4.50. Hunny loved it as the chives didn't over power the taste of the prawns. I also enjoyed it as it wasn't oily and the prawns were crunchy but lacking the fresh prawn taste though.

4. The Steamed Pork Ribs which were not too fatty but Hunny found it bland as he was used to heavier tasting dishes. RM3.00


5. The 2 shellfish dimsums that we tried.



6. Lala Dimsum with fish paste topping. Mediocore at RM2.60



7. Mussels and pork paste served in salty egg sauce. It was different but I prefer a dryer more intense salty egg yolk taste. RM4.50



8. Siu Mai. We didn't like it as it was rather plain compared to the earlier fancy dimsums that we tasted. RM2.60



9. My favourite! The Har Mai (Prawn with Pork Paste Steamed Dumplings). RM4.50



10. Look at its prawns!! So generous! As generous as Ipoh's Foh San. It was a delight biting thru the thin skin and crunchy prawns but it was lacking the prawny taste though.



11. Dessert of Deep Fried Lotus Yam Paste Balls. I forgot to ask the price though. Hunny enjoyed it and it came in servings of 5 balls.



12. Look at the smooth not too sweet filling...Hunny enjoyed all 5 balls as I was too full to eat and I still had porridge to eat.



13. My bowl of century egg lean pork congee. Very traditional congee with pei dan and I did think the pork tasted more like chicken strips though...




14. Hunny asked if there were any other special dimsums that the shop had and the lady boss recommended Keong Yong Tao Bao (Ginger Garlic Beancurd Skin Roll)



15. Hunny enjoyed it as the whole combi worked. The Ginger Garlic topping was not too spicy but was really fragrant. Even I enjoyed the topping. Combined that with my congee, my tummy felt so nice and warm.




16. The contact card for the restaurant. They are open from 10am till 2pm and 7pm till late. Best to call the lady boss to check for further details.



17. The map there.



Hunny and I will definitely go back there with more friends so that we can try more dim sums. Our total bill was RM59.60 (inclusive RM19 worth of takeaway for bfast next day).
My 2nd trip there 2 weeks ago was a not so happy story. We barely ate but yet we were charged RM40! We didn't even call any mussels this time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment