RSS

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bunny Eats At Yuzu in Gardens Mid Valley

After reading countless reviews of Yuzu at The Gardens, I was really lucky that LK decided to choose this place to celebrate her birthday. I have always wanted to try this place out but my Hunny wasn't really that keen and it also looked very pricy from the outside. Ever since Kiku Zakura increased their prices, I have not been indulging in Japanese meals so often anymore.

We were very surprised to find their bento sets very reasonably priced. LY ordered a King Prawn Bento Set (RM38), LK ordered an Unagi Bento Set, SW ordered an ala carte eggy and chicken chop rice (forgot the name), AT ordered a Gindara bento set and I ordered the Yuzu Bento Set (RM48).

We were pleasantly surprised that at the varieties that came with the bento sets...from soup, salad, appetizer, pickles, chawan mushi and fruits. Portions were just right for all of us too.

LY's King Prawn Bento Set was very impressive...


A close up view of LY's King Prawn Maki


I couldn't take the pic of my whole set...as I was too comfy to move from my place....so here are bits and pieces of it. I love the beef so much...they were so tender n juicy!


The sashimi was also fresh...no fishy smell...


The tempura was light and no oily after taste....


The sushi was nice...love the nicely flavoured rice...not too vinegary...


We weren't too happy with the Chawan Mushi as it tasted rather diluted and was too soft. I prefer an eggier tasting one.

I would love to come back here again to eat but a word of caution, do wear warmer there as the aircon's really cold there.

No comments:

Post a Comment