RSS

Sunday, June 22, 2008

3 Birthdays & 1 Farewell : El-Cerdo At Changkat Bukit Bintang

***This is a belated post. I wanted to blog about it but my photos didn't turn out nice and thank goodness Melvin bought a new panasonic lumix camera.***




"Whose Birthdays and whose farewell?" was running in my head as I only knew it was 1 other gal pal's Birthday in my clique. It turned out to be Rachel's, Francessca's and my birthdays and Melvin's farewell as Melvin had accepted a 2 year contract job to Maldives. In the end, only Melvin and I could make it to this party together with LY, AT, EC and JK.


El-Cerdo to me is an expensive german restaurant located in Changkat Bukit Bintang and they are famous for their pork specialties dishes. Their tagline is "Eating from nose to tail" meaning they serve dishes made from every part of the pig including the head, tongue, ears, intestines, ribs, ham, tail, snouts, etc.


Dinner was supposed to start at 7.30pm but almost everyone was late and I had to leave at 9.15pm as silly me thought that everyone would be on time. While waiting for the others to show up, LY, Melvin, EC and I decided to order some appetizers.


1. The Appetizers were served with bread. They comprised of cold cuts (1 was actually gelatinuous like agar-agar) and in the middle was pate.





2. EC ordered this one...Parma Ham with Rock Melon. The Ham was salty and tasted like a bit alcoholic to me and when paired with the crisp fresh sweet rockmelon, it was heavenly! Thanks to EC who ordered this dish.




3. Next, it was Grilled Prawns wrapped in ham...not bad...The prawns were fresh and juicy..





4. Next came the Roast Suckling Pig. We only ordered half. There is a special way to cut this roasted suckling pig which was by using a plate and chopping against it. One is supposed to wish for something special before chopping the pig with the plate. After that, the plate is broken in a basket to make sure the wish comes true.











5. Next came our Paella...I didn't eat much of this as my Hunny was already outside waiting for me.




After I left, they had desserts and camwhored a bit more. The total bill came out to be RM600.00 for the 6 of us!!! That's why I classified this restaurant as expensive and so far, I still prefer the chinese way of roasting a suckling pig. Thanks EC and AT for arranging this dinner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment