RSS

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pork Sunday

I had loads of pork to eat yesterday. My hunny initially wanted to bring me to eat Ampang Yong Tau Fu (Ampang is a place in KL whereby it's famous for its Fish Paste Stuffed Vegetables and Bean Curds) but he got lost halfway and we ended up eating at Taman Connaught (one of the suburbs in Cheras, KL).



Yong Tau Fu. The Vege stuffed with Fish Base was served in a light clear soup






Deep Fried Fish Paste Stuffed Beancurd and Wantans were served plain.








Roast Pork - Half Lean Half Fat












Pork Noodles Soup - ok only...I prefer the one near Taman Bahagia LRT Station.








For dinner, I had vinegared pork trotters and Char Kuey Teow...

Yummy Tender Lean Meats in a sweetish, sourish vinegar base. I found it not sour or gingery to my liking but it's a good attempt though.






Char Kuey Teow (Fried Flat Noodles). The see-hum (cockles) were huge, juicy and just nicely cooked. I felt the noodles didn't contain as much wok hei (high heat wok fragrance) as it should. I will order the salted fish fried rice next time.






3 comments:

dw said...

have u tried the yong tau fus in ss2? boleh tahan oso :D the one with the HALAL sign haha...1st time i saw like dat...ohya ohya! wanna ask...how to make sure it's really tight proof d?one more thing is it really a must getting an extra O-ring? ohya ohya, how long does ur battery last underwater??? let say if i'm snapping and recording down there...should be enough to last for 2 dives rite?
one last tiny thing...ermmm...does ur screw inside ur UW housing get rusted? after each dive how/ what should i do? please advice...it's my first time wif a camera :D please helppp....btw thanx for dropping by~~~~

SoftBunny said...

I don't use underwater casing...I only heard stories from my friend whose G9 wasn't locked in properly in its under water casing and ended up dead...

maybe u can try asking in a forum such as photokaki dot com slash forum or shutterasia dot com slash forum and see who else uses a G9 underwater casing there too...

SoftBunny said...

so far i only like the hakka yong tau foo in paramount as they serve yummy porridge there too...just waiting for hunny to bring me there to eat...

Post a Comment